Regulations and laws should not unfairly restrict and hinder agricultural producers. Whether or not Congress passes cap-and-trade legislation, farmers may well have to face stricter requirements under the Clean Air Act.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued an ‘endangerment finding,’ under which it proposes to regulate GHGs as a pollutant under the Clean Air Act. This could cause significant impacts on agriculture – particularly livestock operations.
- Ensure Common-Sense Environmental Policies Are Enacted Across the Country.
- Reduce Burdensome & Unnecessary Regulations.
- Infrastructure Projects Go Full Steam Ahead Apr 22, 2013 - CQ Weekly
- Boxer to Pursue Climate Change Legislation Despite GOP Opposition Feb 15, 2013 - CQ News
- AFBF Delegates Call for Flexible, Insurance-Based Farm Bill Jan 18, 2013 - Farm Bureau Newsroom
- Senate committee approves Obama’s nomination of Gina McCarthy to head EPA May 17, 2013 - Washington Post
- Senate Approves Water Resources Development Act May 17, 2013 - Farm Bureau Newsroom
- Senate and House Ag Committee Approves Farm Bill May 17, 2013 - Farm Bureau Newsroom