Regulations and laws should not unfairly restrict and hinder agricultural producers. Farmers may soon face stricter requirements under the Clean Air Act.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued an ‘endangerment finding,’ under which it proposes to regulate GHGs as a pollutant under the Clean Air Act. This could cause significant impacts on agriculture – particularly livestock operations.
- Ensure Common-Sense Environmental Policies Are Enacted Across the Country.
- Reduce Burdensome & Unnecessary Regulations.
- EPA Releases Livestock Data to Environmental Groups Feb 12, 2013 - Farm Bureau Newsroom
- Smithsonian Partners with AFBF to Document Farm Innovation Jan 18, 2013 -
- Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Immigration Reform Bill May 23, 2013 - Farm Bureau Newsroom
- Farmers hope immigration bill yields more foreign farm workers May 22, 2013 - McClatchy Washington Bureau
- Senators swat away amendments, retain much of bipartisan immigration bill May 17, 2013 - Tribune Washington Bureau