Stallman Kicks Off Farm Bureau FBACT Push on Tax IssuesIn the final months of 2012, Congress will take up a tax package, including AFBF's priority tax issues, such as estate tax reform. AFBF is focusing its grassroots resources to take action on this priority issue during a lame duck session of Congress.
The Death Tax exemption will shrink to $1 Million and the top rate will jump to 55%. And the Capital Gains Tax will increase by a third to 20%. We are counting down to “Taxmageddon” when these taxes come back.
Will you join the 10,000 farmers and ranchers telling Congress reform is needed now? You can help, by telling Congress to support family farmers and ranchers. Hurry before time runs out!
- Estate Tax Reform and Certainty for Family Farms
- Protect family farms from devastating impacts of Estate Taxes
- Between 2002 and 2012, the Estate Tax has changed nine times.
- The Estate Tax is affecting more farm families as the price of U.S. farm land rises.
- Farmland is saved by family farms with certainty in the Estate Tax.
- On January 1, 2013 as many as 10 percent of farms and ranches could owe the "Death Tax" versus 1.62 percent in 2009.
- EDITORIAL: Tax policies need review Sep 23, 2014 - Times Union
- Peduto's budget proposal includes tax increase, would end 'Pittsburgh's financial distress' Sep 23, 2014 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Peduto's first budget proposal seeks to increase property tax rate Sep 23, 2014 - The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Washington Update: Sept. 15, 2014 Sep 23, 2014 - The Washington Update is written by William K. Moore of Vianovo
- Washington Update Sept. 8 | Congress Returns Sep 8, 2014 - The Washington Update is written by William K. Moore of Vianovo
- Washington Update -- August 25, 2014 | Congress returns next week before the Elections Aug 25, 2014 - The Washington Update is written by William K. Moore of Vianovo