Our nation’s waterways keep America moving, provide American jobs, and support exports.
Farm Bureau supports having an efficient and reliable inland waterway system and ports to provide affordable agricultural products domestically and to compete internationally.
U.S. ports and inland waterways are vital to the shipment of agricultural products as more than 2 billion tons of domestic and import/export cargo move through our ports and along our waters.
Modern lock and dam infrastructure is critical to U.S. competitiveness in the world market, to environmental protection, to energy efficiency, to the sustainment of well-paying American jobs and to congestion relief.
- A WRDA bill that prioritizes projects and funding that ensures U.S. agriculture’s competitiveness
- President Obama Hits Key Ag Issues In State Of The Union Jan 30, 2014 - AFBF Newsroom
- Farmers, ranchers reflect on legislative success Dec 19, 2013 - FBNews Online
- Washington Update -- November 4, 2013 Nov 4, 2013 - The Washington Update is written by William K. Moore of Vianovo.
- EDITORIAL: EPA regulations provide little long-term benefit Aug 13, 2014 - The Daily Oklahoman
- Price: Missed opportunity on immigration reform likely derails it until 2016 elections Aug 7, 2014 - Times-News
- No August Recess for EPA Critics Aug 3, 2014 - CQ News