Our nation’s waterways keep America moving, provide American jobs, and support exports.
Farm Bureau supports having an efficient and reliable inland waterway system and ports to provide affordable agricultural products domestically and to compete internationally.
U.S. ports and inland waterways are vital to the shipment of agricultural products as more than 2 billion tons of domestic and import/export cargo move through our ports and along our waters.
Modern lock and dam infrastructure is critical to U.S. competitiveness in the world market, to environmental protection, to energy efficiency, to the sustainment of well-paying American jobs and to congestion relief.
- A WRDA bill that prioritizes projects and funding that ensures U.S. agriculture’s competitiveness
- With House passage, waterways bill on its way to conference Oct 25, 2013 - FBNews Online
- Statement by Bob Stallman, President American Farm Bureau Federation Regarding WRRDA House Passage Oct 24, 2013 - Farm Bureau Newsroom
- House to take up waterways infrastructure bill Oct 22, 2013 - FBNews Online
- Farm bill talks progress Dec 5, 2013 - Politico
- Farmers, ranchers call for action on water rights bill Dec 4, 2013 - FBNews Online
- Congress faces tight timeline on farm bill, budget Dec 4, 2013 - FBNews Online